Why Partner with us?
Working in partnership with businesses has been a key component of first phase of UKIERI and it has been recognised that these partnerships greatly enhanced the sustainability of the initiative.
Shell, GlaxoSmithKline, BP and BAE Systems have been associated with the initiative as Corporate Champions along with KPMG and the London Chambers of Commerce & Industry ( LCCI), who were keystone partners for Financial Services Skills Exchange on the Professional & Technical Skills strand. Each of these organisations has a substantial track record in supporting education, research and community investment worldwide.
All the partners on board have supported academic and research collaborations in the Higher Education Strand in their areas of business interest, contributed to the initiative's Skills partnerships agenda in the Professional & Technical Skills Strand and have actively engaged with School cluster partnerships aligned with social investment goals.
In addition to funding, the corporate partners wholeheartedly contributed relevant resources like professional advice, technical expertise, work placement opportunities and staff time, which have value- added tremendously. They have greatly enhanced the scale, quality and impact of the initiative by sharing their skills and expertise. They have also added tremendous value through in kind contribution such as, work placement opportunities, guest speakers, valuable staff time, research inputs, site visits and curriculum material.
Besides a commitment to identify and work in mutual areas of interest and benefit, the other general benefits outlined for the corporate partners have been:
- Opportunities of High level networking with the UK and India government and business contacts
- Opportunities to influence the educational and training agenda and contribute to the bilateral economic relationship
- Opportunities for building brand equity with key audiences in the UK and India ; corporate positioning and enhanced reputation for social investment
- Opportunities for access to young Indian networks – future leaders , young educated professionals , high value customers , opinion formers and future employees
- Opportunities to access to expertise, knowledge , skills and advice from both the Indian and UK participation in the Initiative
- Opportunities in research and development : developing closer links with leading institutions involved in R & D
In the coming period, UKIERI aims to garner substantial interest from both Indian and the UK organisations and businesses, which have a direct and immediate interest in the development of and collaboration with India’s education and research sector along with providing access to bright young students and professionals from India and the UK, who would be future leaders and decision makers.